Since the Sun is starting to show we thought we would create a craft that kids could play with
outside. We want to encourage children to be more active and outdoorsy! This is a great craft for Dad's to do with their Sons for fathers day! You can do whatever your heart desires!
We thought we would make a Cardboard car this week, they're easy
to make and loads of fun for young children! Here are the directions and some pics
of the one we created! We improvised in some places like the paper plates!
We used circles cut out from post it notes since our car is so small! and instead of headlights, we thought our car needed a little mustache!
Obviously you can make the car as large as your desire!
1. Seal a large box with packing tape.
2. Have an adult use a box cutter to cut out a semicircle on each side to make the doors. Then cut two thirds of the top of the box, leaving it joined to the car's “hood.”
3. Fold the cut top of the box to create a windshield. Then tape the top fold to its bottom half.
4. Have a grown-up cut out a windshield.
5. Glue on paper-plate wheels.
6. Attach plastic-cup lights with glue.
5. Get a custom paint job using finger and tempera paints.
8. Add upholstery by gluing fabric or construction paper to the inside of the car
Have Fun Crafting away!